The prolonged Covid-19 pandemic, that urged the Malaysian government to impose multiple pandemic containment measures (Movement Control Orders), has caused businesses across the board and economy in Malaysia faltered. Due to the enduring unprecedented scenarios, CFOs in Malaysia were undoubtedly pushed into uncharted territory, prompting them to rethink their business planning, imperatives and strategies to stay agile and respond quickly during crisis.
As Malaysia was reeling from the economic impact of CoVid-19 spread, the Malaysian government announced RM322.5 billion (US$79 billion) budget, the largest ever tabled in Malaysia, as the country’s financial plan for the year 2021. To revive the economy and help Malaysians face the current challenges, Malaysia Budget 2021 focuses on on three integral goals – the people’s well-being, business continuity and economic resilience.
Also, the global predicament in 2020 had taught businesses to pivot to digitalization to solve challenges and survive in the industry. The COVID-19 economy has indeed accelerated and amplified the need for digital transformation with CFOs instrumental in this digitalization process.
Amidst today’s uncertain market outlook and heightened need of embracing digitalization, what is the changing role of CFO in accelerating transformation initiatives to ensure survival during volatile period? How should CFOs bring value to their organisations in time of economic disruption and uncertainties? How exactly should CFOs in Malaysia reevaluate their goals to keep their businesses afloat in the current chaotic business terrain?
Taking place on 22 April 2021 between 9 am to 12 pm MYT, the FutureCFO vSummit will gather over 100 senior finance professionals from multiple industries in Malaysia. This virtual event aims to address the latest macroeconomic and tax changes, business risks and opportunities, CFO’s changing role and top recovery plans for what comes next to resume growth in Malaysia. It will also explore digital priorities that finance leaders in Malaysia need to adopt to stay resilient, and drive successful transformation in a time of crisis such as advanced data analytics, cloud-based ERP, RPA, AI and ML.
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
The FutureCFO Conference aims to give CFOs, who also act as their company’s strategic business partner and catalyst, insights on ensuring corporate growth and successfully mitigating risks and challenges amidst the current economic and political uncertainties in their countries. The conference will also address strategies and best practices on how CFOs can reimagine finance functions and their organizations to survive and thrive in today’s fast-paced and digitally driven landscape.
This by-invitation only one-day event will gather over 120 senior finance leaders from multiple industries and offers the best opportunity to hear from the industry’s leading professionals, contribute questions from the floor, engage in incisive panel discussions that discuss real-life business cases, updates and strategies to meet the most pertinent challenges facing the finance function in 2020.
Conference Chairman’s Welcome Remarks
KEYNOTE: How to be a Data-Driven CFO to Increase Growth, Efficiency and Collaboration
- What does it mean to be an analytics-savvy CFO in times of uncertainty?
- The future of data analytics in finance function
- Leveraging advanced data analytics to transform FP & A
- Revolutionizing data analytics and finance automation with AI and ML
KEYNOTE: Accelerating Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting (PB & F) in a Shifting Reality
- Addressing the PB & F challenges in the new normal
- Leveraging technology and collaborative data to transform your forecasting, budgeting and other key business decisions
- Providing PB & F that involves multiple operational business functions to meet strategic objectives and financial target
Senior Representative, ANAPLAN
PANEL DISCUSSION I: Creating Value and Resilience to Finance Leadership in Times of Crisis
- How can CFOs recognise opportunity for value creations in finance functions and beyond in today’s ever-changing business environment?
- Delivering data-driven decision making to tackle uncertainty and persistent change
- Creating meaningful value-adds to ensure business resiliency
- Identifying the skill sets that finance leaders need to succeed to stay relevant in the
- New post-COVID world of work
Krishna Kumar Sivaraman, VP of Finance, JAPAC, ORACLE PANELLISTS:
Koh Saw Leng, Finance Director, GROUPE SEB MALAYSIA
Nik Aisyah Amirah Mansor, Head, Group Treasury and Investor Relations, SAPURA ENERGY
Yasmin bt. Mohd Ramzi, Head Service Delivery, TNB GLOBAL BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
KEYNOTE: Leadership in Finance Shared Services in the New Normal
The prolonged pandemic has presented some challenges to businesses across the globe. Many organizations, SSCs included, are continuing to find ways to ensure productivity and increase efficiency.
- How should finance shared services’ leaders in Malaysia reimagine their leadership and operating models to stay effective and succeed in the new normal?
- Delivering value and maintaining finance SSC’s agility in the new normal
- Leveraging technologies to optimize finance SSC efficiency in today’s volatile, uncertain and complex economy
- Motivating and engaging employees in this new working model
Chen Theng Aik, Head, Center for Financial Services (CFS), Asia Pacific, North America, EMEA, PALL CORPORATION
KEYNOTE: Big Moves to Pivot Forward – Embracing Change and Recoding Business for the Future
- Embracing business model innovation with the help of a unified cloud platform, without compromising data security or compliance
- Accelerating an automated close, with AI and machine learning that can quickly deliver data to decision makers
PANEL DISCUSSION II: COVID-19 and the CFO: Forecasting and Planning for Business Performance
- With the looming uncertainties from COVID-19, things have been fluctuating much and finance leaders are unable to accurately gauge the quantum of the impact to their businesses, thus makes planning difficult.
- The new approach to planning, forecasting and budgeting during volatile times
- Turning the hard lessons from 2020 into a strategy and value
- Deploying scenario-based financial planning and analysis to counter uncertainty
- Rethinking key business drivers, priorities and finance talents to adapt to a changing economy and accelerate decision making
- Determining valuable data sources and trends for predicting and planning
Allan Tan, Group Editor-in-Chief, CXOCIETY PANELLISTS:
Chong Soon Lock, Finance Director, ADIDAS MALAYSIA
David Chua, Close and Control Director – Asia Pacific, GSK CONSUMER HEALTHCARE
Aditya Khurana, Finance Head, Southeast Asia, LANDMARK GROUP
Girish Muzumdar Director, Presales, APAC, WOLTERS KLUWER | CCH TAGETIK
FIRESIDE CHAT: Digitizing Workflows in Corporate Finance to Achieve Business Resiliency and Agility
- Automated workflows as the future of finance: Cost versus benefits of automation
- Deploying workflow digitization and automation for high-performance finance operations
- Mistakes and pitfalls to avoid when modernizing or automating workflows
- Enhancing your finance function’s digital transformation with e-invoicing
Allan Tan, Group Editor-in-Chief, CXOCIETY INTERVIEWEE:
Charlie Cheah, Director, Sales & Services, ESKER
PANEL DISCUSSION III: Achieving CFO’s Digital ‘Must-Dos’ in 2021
- Identifying tech investments that will drive positive business outcomes and enhance employee performance within new hybrid working models
- Building an agile finance function in today’s cost-constraint environment
- Should RPA and advanced data analytics be your investments in 2021?
- Accelerating digital skills within finance function
- Overcoming the cost and other challenges in operationalizing finance automation
Kang Wan Chern, Editorial Consultant, CXOCIETY PANELISTS:
Humayun Habib, FP&A and IBP Lead – GEOS Malaysia, CARGILL
Benedict Lee Yee Kuan, Group COO, CHIN HIN GROUP
Tomasz Gaczyński, RPA Presales Manager, Malaysia, UIPATH
Chairman’s Closing Remarks & End of vSummit
We will help you GENERATE quality business leads.
We will help you INCREASE your regional profile.
We will help you CREATE new business opportunities.
- Get cost-effective marketing exposure and branding to your target audience, culminating in face-to-face meetings with your prospects.
- Position and profile yourself as an industry leader.
- Increase your brand recognition.
- Create new partnerships and alliances.
- Develop relationships through new virtual networking opportunities.
- Showcase new products and services to a targeted audience of decision makers.
- Get direct and exclusive access to Key decision-makers