With the shockwave coming from Covid-19 pandemic last year, CFOs were undoubtedly pushed into uncharted territory, prompting them to rethink their business imperatives and their new role in leading their organizations to be agile and respond quickly amidst the global disruption.
In a bid to heal, rebuild and resume the economy upward, Philippine President Duterte has signed a 4.5 trillion pesos (US$93.7 billion) budget for 2021, a tenth greater than that of 2020. The Philippines’ 2021 budget will focus on resuming economic growth such as infrastructure projects, education, public works, health sector spending, and funding the purchase of millions of doses of CoViD-19 vaccines.
Although the arrival of CoVid-19 vaccines may improve CFOs’ optimism, it is uncertain how this development will affect business profitability, liquidity and risk appetite this year ahead.
The unprecedented crisis in 2020 taught businesses to embrace digitalization as a vital part of their survival strategy. The COVID-19 economy has accelerated and amplified the need for digital transformation with CFOs instrumental in this digitalization process.
Amidst today’s uncertain global market outlook and heightened need of embracing digitalization, what is the changing role of CFO in driving digital transformation initiatives to ensure survival during volatile times? How exactly should CFOs in the Philippines reevaluate their goals and keep their businesses afloat in the current chaotic business terrain?
Taking place on 11 March 2021 between 9 am to 12 pm PHT, the FutureCFO vSummit will gather over 150 senior finance professionals from multiple industries in the Philippines. This virtual event aims to address the latest macroeconomic and tax changes, business risks and opportunities, CFO’s top recovery plans for what comes next and strategies to resume growth in the Philippines. It will also explore emerging technologies that finance leaders in the Philippines need to adopt to stay resilient, create value and drive successful digital transformation in a time of crisis such as advanced data analytics, cloud-based ERP, RPA, AI and ML.
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
The FutureCFO Conference aims to give CFOs, who also act as their company’s strategic business partner and catalyst, insights on ensuring corporate growth and successfully mitigating risks and challenges amidst the current economic and political uncertainties in their countries. The conference will also address strategies and best practices on how CFOs can reimagine finance functions and their organizations to survive and thrive in today’s fast-paced and digitally driven landscape.
This by-invitation only one-day event will gather over 120 senior finance leaders from multiple industries and offers the best opportunity to hear from the industry’s leading professionals, contribute questions from the floor, engage in incisive panel discussions that discuss real-life business cases, updates and strategies to meet the most pertinent challenges facing the finance function in 2020.
Conference Chairman’s Welcome Remarks
PANEL DISCUSSION I: CFO’s Top Agenda and Priorities for 2021
- Key challenges and opportunities in 2021
- Initiatives to rebuild revenue streams in 2021 and beyond
- Managing liquidity during a period of economic uncertainty
- Mapping changes in budgeting and forecasting approaches
- Turbocharging scenario-based financial planning and analysis
- Deciding on long-term technology investment to emerge stronger
Allan Tan, Group Editor-in-Chief, CXOCIETY PANELISTS:
Marco Duay, CFO, LIGHT RAIL MANILA CORPORATION (LRMC)
Ruben Carlo O. Asuncion, Chief Economist, UNION BANK OF THE PHILIPPINES
Joweehlyn Liao, Finance Director and Head of Business Transformation, WATSONS PERSONAL CARE STORES (PHILIPPINES)
FIRESIDE CHAT: Should RPA be Your Next Investment in 2021?
- Transforming finance function with RPA in today’s cost-constraint environment
- Overcoming the cost and other challenges in operationalizing finance automation
- Linking RPA to business process efficiency and wider corporate objectives
- Optimising the RPA benefits for finance leaders
Allan Tan, Group Editor-in-Chief, CXOCIETY INTERVIEWEES:
Sundarraj Subramani, Senior Channel Leader for ASEAN, AUTOMATION ANYWHERE
Rizalito S. Oades, EVP & Chief Strategy Officer, UNILOGIX
PANEL DISCUSSION II: Creating Value and Resilience to Finance Leadership in Times of Crisis
- How can CFOs recognise opportunity for value creations in finance functions and beyond in today’s ever-changing business environment?
- Delivering data-driven decision making to tackle uncertainty and persistent change
- Creating meaningful value-adds to ensure business resiliency
- Identifying the skill sets that finance leaders need to succeed to stay relevant in the new post-CoVid world of work
Monnette Santos-Ramos, CFO, IBM PHILIPPINES PANELLISTS:
Shahzad Mahmood, Head of Treasury, CFO/SVP Finance, IBEX PHILIPPINES
Maida B. Bruce, VP Controller, IT Head and Data Privacy Officer, METRO PACIFIC INVESTMENTS CORPORATION & CFO, METROPAC WATER INVESTMENT CORPORATIONS
Krystel Gayle Guzman, Vice President Finance, Investments & Treasury, PILMICO INTERNATIONAL/GOLD COIN GROUP (AN ABOITIZ COMPANY)
KEYNOTE: Integrating Finance and Sustainability
- The role of CFO in leading and accelerating the implementation of organization’s sustainability strategy
- Building new capabilities within finance function for ESG reporting
- Driving the organization’s sustainability agenda while meeting cash flow expectations and profit targets
- New accounting framework and measures for financial performance reporting
KEYNOTE: Big Moves to Pivot Forward – Embracing Change and Recoding Business for the Future
- Embrace business model innovation with the help of a unified cloud platform, without compromising data security or compliance
- Accelerate an automated close, with AI and machine learning that can quickly deliver data to decision makers
Sharmista Menon, Director – Finance Transformation (ERPM), ORACLE
FIRESIDE CHAT: How can the Implementation of ESG-Strategies Help Increase Net Profits Ethically?
Allan Tan, Group Editor-in-Chief, CXOCIETY INTERVIEWEE:
Volkmar Ahrens, Co-Founder & CEO, VERTICYS
PANEL DISCUSSION III: Digitize or Perish: CFO’s Insights in Driving Digital Transformation in Times of Uncertainty and Persistent Change
The new economic realities, global pandemic, changing structure of finance operations as well as fast-paced digital advancements have demanded CFOs to evolve their strategies and roles in managing finance functions.
- Should CFOs still move forward with digitalization amidst a raging pandemic?
- How do CFOs go about digitalization during tumultuous period?
- How much really is the cost of digitalization?
- Will digitalization work or will the business eventually perish without it?
- Success stories and lesson learnt from 2020 to begin 2021 on steady footing
Sunil Golecha, CFO Asia Pacific & Emerging Markets, THOMSON REUTERS
Ritchie A. Arceo, CFO, ALSTRA
Leopoldo De Castro, Jr., Director of Finance, FOODPANDA
Whilczel D. Canlas, CFO, LOS BANOS DOCTORS HOSPITAL & MEDICAL CENTER
Sharmista Menon, Director – Finance Transformation (ERPM), ORACLE
Conference Chairman’s Closing Remarks and End of vSummit
Allan Tan, Group Editor-in-Chief, CXOCIETY
EVP, CFO and Chief Sustainability Officer, METRO PACIFIC INVESTMENTS CORPORATION
CFO, LOS BANOS DOCTOR HOSPITAL
CFO, LIGHT RAIL MANILA CORPORATION (LRMC)
CFO (Philippines) & Head of Treasury
Chief Economist, UNION BANK OF THE PHILIPPINES
Vice President Finance, Investments & Treasury, PILMICO INTERNATIONAL/GOLD COIN (AN ABOITIZ COMPANY)
EVP & Chief Strategy Officer, UNILOGIX
SVP Finance, Non-Trade Procurement and Property Development Director
WATSONS PERSONAL CARE STORES (PHILIPPINES)
VP – Group Controller & IT Head, METRO PACIFIC INVESTMENTS CORPORATION
Co-Founder & CEO, VERTICYS
Director – Finance Transformation (ERPM), ORACLE
Senior Channel Leader for ASEAN, AUTOMATION ANYWHERE
CFO, Asia Pacific & Emerging Markets, THOMSON REUTERS
Director of Finance, FOODPANDA
CFO, IBM PHILIPPINES
We will help you GENERATE quality business leads.
We will help you INCREASE your regional profile.
We will help you CREATE new business opportunities.
- Get cost-effective marketing exposure and branding to your target audience, culminating in face-to-face meetings with your prospects.
- Position and profile yourself as an industry leader.
- Increase your brand recognition.
- Create new partnerships and alliances.
- Develop relationships through new virtual networking opportunities.
- Showcase new products and services to a targeted audience of decision makers.
- Get direct and exclusive access to Key decision-makers